Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Let's Go Wild

For this Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge I decided to use an image of a zebra and add it to an existing background that had some brightly coloured tissue pieces on it. I added more colour with paint and a home-made stamp. At first I though about cutting the zebra stripes and gluing them on, but that was going to be too challenging so I tried to paint it. A bit of a failure - I'm not that great at drawing. So I covered that with some gesso and with it covered and the zebra pattern just peeking through it looked better, but still just a background. I than added some paper to represent animal strips and spots, then doodled and stamped.
And that original zebra image - I'm still going to use it next.

Now I was purposely not doing zebra for the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - Z, but just realised I've done zebras for this one, so would be a bit silly not to enter both!




4 comments:

  1. Love the artsy and unique look! GREAT job on using the zebra image! Truly wild indeed! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Go Wild” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really striking and lots of lovely layers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - you can just about see a zebra under there! :)

      Delete