Sunday, September 11, 2016

Making Your Mark

I while back I bought myself a Spirograph. I can pretend I bought it to use with my class at school but truthfully I always wanted one, and the kids will be lucky if they actually get their hands on it!
I must admit, I'm not that good at using it and my attempts are fairly average. I had used some paper with left over paint on it to make my spiral marks and even though they are not perfect, I liked the paper and the colours so I went ahead and used them.
The background is simple, with some spraying, a little Gelatos, and some thick black lines.
The quote from Barack Obama seemed apt. My handwriting is not the best, but it's done and I like the overall effect.
I have seen an activity where you spin actual children holding pens to make the marks - maybe I'll try that next!
This is an entry in Paper Artsy Challenge #17.









"Making Your Mark on the World is Hard.

If it were easy, everybody would do it.
But it's not.
It takes patience, it takes commitment,
and it comes with plenty of failure along the way.
The real test is not whether you avoid this failure,
because you wont,
it's whether you let it harden you or shame you into inaction,
or whether you learn from it;
whether you choose to persevere."

Barack Obama





1 comment:

  1. lol, loving the idea of spinning children! And I remember having a spirograph, good on you for getting hold of one and enjoying playing! Lovely project

    ReplyDelete