Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mixed Media Moods - February Again



Feeling super inspired this month so have a second creation for this challenge. While my inspiration came from the top middle segment of the mood board, I did end up with some similarities, with the vertical line created by the jute and sari ribbon.


I wanted to incorporate the star motif and so used a self drawn and cut star that I have used before and really like. The centre of the cut out is used as the star in my other piece.
The texture paste pieces took a bit of work as they lost their shimmer as I hadn´t noticed that the texture paste was matt, so I added more and then sprayed with a fixative to stop it moving. I then wasn´t sure about the big piece so cut it up. I possibly over did the mica paste and I would have liked the star to stand out more, but it is what it is and overall I´m happy with another interesting creation and all the textures.
And ... another video...












No comments:

Post a Comment